- Students who are (co-)authoring an accepted paper in the conference or one of the co-located workshops, or students without an accepted paper, but who are involved in the multimedia systems research are encouraged to apply.
- Applications from female and minority students, as well as students who have not previously attended the MMSys conference are also encouraged to apply.
- Each accepted paper at ACM MMSys 2019 or its co-located workshops must be covered by at least one author registration to be included in the proceedings. A student travel grant does not waive this requirement.
- Recipients of this grant will be required to assist the local organizers in the preparation, logistics, and various supporting tasks of the conference.
Application deadline is April 26th 2019. Applicants are encouraged to submit as soon as possible. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. The notification date is the first week of May. Please include the following information in your application:
The student’s full name and email address;
The full name, email address, and signature of a faculty member at the student’s host institution (preferably from academic/dissertation advisors);
The name, address and nationality of the institution;
The student’s academic status and expected year of graduation;
Whether the student is a (co-)author of a paper that was accepted for MMSys’19 or co-located workshops or if the student contributes to any other part of the conference;
If the student is a (co-)author, the paper title, author list, the student’s contribution to the paper, and whether the student will present the paper;
The reason for applying for the grant, including the expected benefits that the students will have from attending the conference, research significance, the funding status of the student, and the budget of the student travel;
A brief statement by the student about his/her current research interests and research accomplishments to date, or a link to his/her CV;
Please combine the application documents into a single PDF file in the order outlined above. Email the document to email@example.com as an attachment. The email must have the subject: “ACM MMSys 2019 Nurturing new Talent in SIGMM Travel Grant”.
MMSys 2019 is proud to subsidize child care. Grants of up to $300 per family are available for the conference attendees who are bringing small children to the conference or who incur extra expenses in leaving their children at home. MMSys 2019 provides financial assistance to subsidize a variety of child-care options, including:
- On-site child care at the conference arranged by the parent, including placing kids in a shared care facility or paying for babysitting expenses;
- Travel costs for a companion who provides child care, specifically for non-shared transportation costs such as airfare;
- Travel costs for children between the ages of two and sixteen.
The grants will be given as a reimbursement for expenses, however, attendees are responsible for making their own arrangements for child care. If requests exceed available funding, or if additional funding becomes available, preference will be given to students, recent graduates, or new entrants to the multimedia systems field who are presenting at the conference.
Application deadline is April 26th 2019. Applicants are encouraged to submit as soon as possible. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. The notification date is the first week of May. Please email the following information in your application:
- Name, affiliation, parental responsibility, and amount requested;
- A short justification for this grant;
- A brief description of how you are participating in the conference or workshop. Examples might include presenting a paper, participating in the program or organizing committee, etc. We do not foresee supporting travel for the purpose of attending only.
Please send a single PDF file in the order outlined above. Email the document to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment. The email must have the subject: “ACM MMSys 2019 Childcare Travel Grant”.
NOTE: Children are not permitted entry into session rooms. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted on the Exhibit Hall floor during setup or dismantling hours. During scheduled conference hours, exceptions are made when parents or guardians complete and sign a Minor Release Form. This form will be available at registration desk in the registration area. Parents or guardians must complete and sign the Minor Release Form to allow children access to the Exhibits and Poster Hall. Your support and compliance are greatly appreciated.